This video collects some of my recent geometrical play in Rhino/Grasshopper. I’ll be posting further explanations and definition files here over the next few days. Among the things shown are:
- A 3D random walk
- Some hinged tessellations
- A geodesic sphere from projected subdivisions of an icosahedron. ghx here
- An origami waterbomb base – the starting point for many origami designs (also, I found a neat way to interlock 6 of these to make an octahedron as shown in this video) ghx here
- The continuous deformation between the helicoid and catenoid (see minimal surface associate families).
- Various combinations and hierarchies of Voronoi diagrams, proximity networks, vortex flows, Delaunay triangulations, and incircles (some inspired by Mario Klingemann’s experiments with Malfatti circles)
- 3D rotations and Orientation Entanglement
- Vogel’s Floret/Fermat’s spiral – A classic example of phyllotaxis. (evsc has some nice work on this) ghx here
- 2D equipotentials
- and finally, the beginnings of some work with Vortex Filaments and the Biot-Savart law.